Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let the Baking Begin...


One of the reasons I love December is that I have an excuse to try all of these recipes that I wouldn't normally try. I've started a collection of recipes that I want to make this holiday season, some being given as gifts and some for my family to enjoy. Rest assured there will be blogging to come regarding these goodies!

Yesterday my son, my niece, and I baked a batch of cake mix cookies. As you can see they decided to decorate them with m&ms, or eat the m&ms as I decorated the cookies quickly before they ate all of them.
After we were done, I was able to fill my new Christmas cookie jar with its first batch if cookies!

Cake Mix Cookies
1 box of cake mix, your choice
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Mix ingredients together. Drop a spoonful of dough for each cookie. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. Decorate with icing, m&ms, sprinkles, ect. Be creative!

*The cookies pictured above were made with a Devil's Food cake mix and decorated with m&ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment