Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work at Work and Home at Home


I have tried working towards this goal a couple of times in the past and it never seems to work out but this NEEDS to happen for me...and my family. I am so blessed to have the job I do - I never, never, never thought I would teach but I really love it! I love food and nutrition (and to talk) so getting a chance to talk about nutrition every day and getting paid for it is great! On a different note, I really, really, really love my family and when I am at home I want to do stuff with them and do things for myself like read a book, try new recipes, take my kids to the zoo, and on and on and on. What seems to happen...especially in the heart of the semester...is that I bring work home. I don't necessarily push the kids and hubs aside ALL the time to do work but staying up very late to accomplish everything makes for a very tired momma and then very little gets accomplished at work AND at home. So, new plan for Fall 2011...I will work at work and do home at home. So far, one week into the semester, it's going great (the grading hasn't started yet...). There is ALWAYS something that needs to be done for work so at home I have been tempted to work on work but simply put it on the to-do-list for the next day in the office. Then, I do something at home that I've wanted to do like pull out some stored toys for Ava, build a lego city with Jey, try a new DIY project and so far it has felt G-R-E-A-T. And at work, I've been super effecient working off of these to-do-lists that were created at home as things come to my mind. :-) I'm hoping I can keep this up! Any tips from you working moms out there would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment