Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cookin' with Kohlrabi



Okay, I know you are all probably so sick of reading about produce but I can't help it! Produce is my life these days - trying to keep up with my CSA!!! One of my favorite things about participating in the CSA is that I have brought home foods that I probably would never purchase otherwise, exposing my family to new and interesting foods. One of the foods that we have had A LOT of is kohlrabi, which is a type of German Cabbage. To me, it tastes a lot like cabbage with a hint of turnip flavor - very interesting. Because I have never purchased these, eaten these, or even seen these before we've tried a few things with them including roasting, kohlrabi soup thanks to my friend Amy (it's very similar to potato soup), and kohlrabi coleslaw thanks to my friend Foodie Rachel.



Have you ever tried kohlrabi? What is your favorite way to prepare it?

No comments:

Post a Comment