Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Not just another CSA post


I know you have all heard about my CSA share for the year and quite frankly, I could talk about it all the time. I absolutely LOVE it! We are definitely bringing foods into the home that you wouldn't normally find at the store and that I probably wouldn't buy anyway (does anyone else get stuck in cooking ruts or is it just me?). The reason that this CSA share is so neat is that I harvested some of it myself! Yes, ME, out in the feild at Millsap Farm cutting down the Bok Choy and pulling the beets. How cool is that!?! To be a part of the CSA you have to...actually, you "get" to work out at the farm for one day. My sister and I signed up to work together and it was SO MUCH FUN! We laughed our way through the day, harvesting veggies, eating lunch with the farmer and his family, cleaning the produce, squashing bugs...well, sort of, and at the end I got to take a huge sack of yummy looking food home with me. Poor sister wanted some but it was my week to pick up...sorry sister. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment