Saturday, July 2, 2011

Leaving a Legacy

Yes, I'm behind on the laundry.
Yes, I have work to do to get ready for the next school year.
Yes, my house needs a major cleaning.
Yes, I want a nap. :-)
Yes, there is always something that needs to be done.

H-O-W-E-V-E-R.....

Will these kids remember if my house was dusted, my laundry folded, or the dishes done? Do they care? Do I WANT them to remember that I was "too busy"? Nope. Nope. And REALLY NO!

What I want "my" 5 kids to say about me is "I loved hanging out at my Aunt's Sarah's", "I loved the summer time when we got to go to Aunt Sarah's for no special reason", "Remember the time at Aunt Sarah's...(followed by something good)" :-) "My Aunt Sarah loved me so much". "She always made me feel like I mattered." "She plays." "She's happy." "She listens." "She cares."
That is what I want those babies to say.

At some point they will get too old to want to come hang out with me so I've got to take it all in now and cherish it!



My Babies: Isaac, 10; Zeda, 2; Mason, 7; Jeremiah, 4; Ava (not pictured, she is napping), 1

No comments:

Post a Comment