Friday, November 5, 2010

A walking taco...


Last weekend we went to Silver Dollar City and they had an interesting new food item available - a walking taco. We did not purchase one but it wasn't hard to figure out what a walking taco consisted of. It was a small bag of nacho cheese Doritos that they tore open and then piled it with all of the taco salad fixins'. I thought this was a fun concept so I made them for dinner. I, of course, modified it a little.... We have Fritos left over from a Halloween get together so that is the chip we used, although you could use any corn-type chip. Our fixins included ground turkey mixed with chili powder and some salsa (rather than a packet of taco seasoning), cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, sour cream, and oh...don't forget the beans! The more beans = the more fiber = the better! You know how much I love fiber :-)! Once your walking taco has everything you love - dig in!

Not that this dish really contains anything different than I would normally serve my family; there is just something about putting a twist on the presentation that makes it so fun!

1 comment: