This year, a few of my facebook friends have been posting things that they are thankful for each day of November leading up to Thanksgiving. I have loved reading them and have learned a lot about people through reading these posts. Because I haven't been participating I thought I would make one big list and use it as a blogpost.
I will preface this list by stating the obvious ...this is by no means a comprehensive list and some of these are supposed to be a little facetious. :-)
1. I am ever so thankful for my family - from the youngest (Ava) to the oldest (I think Papa - Matt's grandpa is the oldest at the moment?) and EVERY SINGLE person in between.
2. I am so thankful for my friends and very thankful that my family are some of the best friends I have.
3. I am thankful for my church - not the biggest church with the fanciest methods but you will NEVER EVER find a group of people more loving, giving, and committed to the Lord than those at Glidewell Baptist Church.
4. I am thankful for my job. I have come to appreciate it more now knowing that so many people are desperately seeking a job and can't find one.
5. I am thankful for social media. Sure it can suck up a lot of time but it also keeps you closer to people you wouldn't otherwise get to speak too. Love keeping up with my missionary friends!
6. I am thankful for choices. I know, I know, if you know me you know that I am not overly effective when needing to make a choice but the fact that I HAVE a choice about where to live, work, worship, how many kids to have, what to eat, where to go, ect, ect is pretty great.
7. I am thankful for crockpots...what time savers.
8. I am thankful for marriage...what an amazing thing God created!
9. I am thankful for hot water heaters...especially when they work.
10. I am thankful for kids' health.
11. I am thankful for technology...these are getting shorter!
12. I am thankful for the people in my Sunday School class, that they challenge me and make me see things from a different perspective.
13. I am thankful for a garage to park my car in rather than running through the rain to put my babies in the car.
14. I am thankful that both mine and my husband's grandmas are all still living with good health - it is an awesome experience that my kids know all of their great grandmas!
15. I am thankful for my son's preschool and what they have done for Jeremiah - I watch him grow in amazing ways and know that a lot of it has to do with his education from UCCC.
16. I am thankful that I can carry a Bible and pray wherever, whenever I want.
17. I am thankful for the right to vote.
18. I am thankful for my Tivo. :-)
19. I am thankful for $2 Happy Meal Tuesdays at "Hot Donalds" as Jey would say.
20. I am thankful for modern day conveniences...Starbucks, $3 car washes, microwaves, ect.
21. I am thankful that I am not hungry right now, that I had a choice of what to fix for dinner, and I have food in my house for tomorrow's meal-S. There are a lot, I mean A LOT of people...children...who do not have this luxury and will not have this luxury.
22. I am thankful for time off for National Holidays.
23. I am thankful that I learned how to use coupons correctly - I'm amazed at how much money I WAS spending of food and how little I have to spend now.
My friend (and cousin-in-law), Aaron Murray, taught our Sunday School class this morning and shared a quote with us (which I probably won't quote correctly). Basically he said, "What if you only had the things today that you were thankful for yesterday". I can't seem to get that off my mind. I am thankful, I am and I tell God what I am thankful for when I feel thankful. However, busy schedules, stressors in life, and other lame excuses cause me to forget to say "thank you" to God. Could I really live today with the things I only "remembered" to be thankful for yesterday? Not on your life! So, lastly to finish this list leading up to Thanksgiving, the thing I am MOST MOST MOST thankful for....
24. God's grace. That He chooses to bless me in spite of me.