Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The 24 Days of Thanksgiving






This year, a few of my facebook friends have been posting things that they are thankful for each day of November leading up to Thanksgiving. I have loved reading them and have learned a lot about people through reading these posts. Because I haven't been participating I thought I would make one big list and use it as a blogpost.

I will preface this list by stating the obvious ...this is by no means a comprehensive list and some of these are supposed to be a little facetious. :-)

1. I am ever so thankful for my family - from the youngest (Ava) to the oldest (I think Papa - Matt's grandpa is the oldest at the moment?) and EVERY SINGLE person in between.

2. I am so thankful for my friends and very thankful that my family are some of the best friends I have.


3. I am thankful for my church - not the biggest church with the fanciest methods but you will NEVER EVER find a group of people more loving, giving, and committed to the Lord than those at Glidewell Baptist Church.

4. I am thankful for my job. I have come to appreciate it more now knowing that so many people are desperately seeking a job and can't find one.

5. I am thankful for social media. Sure it can suck up a lot of time but it also keeps you closer to people you wouldn't otherwise get to speak too. Love keeping up with my missionary friends!

6. I am thankful for choices. I know, I know, if you know me you know that I am not overly effective when needing to make a choice but the fact that I HAVE a choice about where to live, work, worship, how many kids to have, what to eat, where to go, ect, ect is pretty great.

7. I am thankful for crockpots...what time savers.

8. I am thankful for marriage...what an amazing thing God created!

9. I am thankful for hot water heaters...especially when they work.

10. I am thankful for kids' health.

11. I am thankful for technology...these are getting shorter!

12. I am thankful for the people in my Sunday School class, that they challenge me and make me see things from a different perspective.

13. I am thankful for a garage to park my car in rather than running through the rain to put my babies in the car.

14. I am thankful that both mine and my husband's grandmas are all still living with good health - it is an awesome experience that my kids know all of their great grandmas!

15. I am thankful for my son's preschool and what they have done for Jeremiah - I watch him grow in amazing ways and know that a lot of it has to do with his education from UCCC.

16. I am thankful that I can carry a Bible and pray wherever, whenever I want.

17. I am thankful for the right to vote.

18. I am thankful for my Tivo. :-)

19. I am thankful for $2 Happy Meal Tuesdays at "Hot Donalds" as Jey would say.

20. I am thankful for modern day conveniences...Starbucks, $3 car washes, microwaves, ect.

21. I am thankful that I am not hungry right now, that I had a choice of what to fix for dinner, and I have food in my house for tomorrow's meal-S. There are a lot, I mean A LOT of people...children...who do not have this luxury and will not have this luxury.

22. I am thankful for time off for National Holidays.

23. I am thankful that I learned how to use coupons correctly - I'm amazed at how much money I WAS spending of food and how little I have to spend now.

My friend (and cousin-in-law), Aaron Murray, taught our Sunday School class this morning and shared a quote with us (which I probably won't quote correctly). Basically he said, "What if you only had the things today that you were thankful for yesterday". I can't seem to get that off my mind. I am thankful, I am and I tell God what I am thankful for when I feel thankful. However, busy schedules, stressors in life, and other lame excuses cause me to forget to say "thank you" to God. Could I really live today with the things I only "remembered" to be thankful for yesterday? Not on your life! So, lastly to finish this list leading up to Thanksgiving, the thing I am MOST MOST MOST thankful for....

24. God's grace. That He chooses to bless me in spite of me.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment